Newcomer Settlement Program
Services delivered under the Newcomer Settlement Program (NSP) facilitate the social and economic integration of newcomers to Ontario. The ultimate outcome of the program is to help newcomers become fully engaged in all aspects of Canadian life – social, economic, political and cultural. Funding will support the delivery of settlement support services. General Settlement and Integration Service Activities
- Outreach and promotion of services to target group for NSP services
- Client needs assessment, goal setting and service planning
- One-on-one settlement assistance/counselling to individuals/families
- Orientation to living in Ontario and resources available to support initial settlement needs
- Information about relevant services that meet the specific needs of newcomers
- Referral to other community and government services including language training, employment and skills training, and social, education and healthcare services
- Facilitation of service access through form filling, interpretation/translation and client advocacy
- Workshops, information sessions and group activities to provide settlement and orientation information
- Community development and other activities that facilitate community engagement and connection to social networks
- Service coordination with other service providers to meet community needs and facilitate access to settlement, language training, employment and other community services.
Languages of service provision: English, Hindi, Polish, Gujarati, Tamil, Urdu
Eligibility criteria: open to permanent residents, convention refugees, naturalized Canadians, refugee claimants, international students, temporary foreign workers, and approved Ontario provincial nominees. It is also tailored to high priority groups, prioritizes service delivery to under served populations, particularly newcomers who are not eligible for federally funded settlement services.
Funding source: Province of Ontario, Ministry of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada; No fees are charged from clients for services provided.
Services are provided in ALL LOCATIONS