- To increase self-esteem and self-worth in girls and young women
- To increase the awareness of young immigrant girls regarding their rights and responsibilities
- To reduce peer and domestic violence
- To build the awareness of immigrant women and help people address domestic violence
- To improve communication between immigrant parents and their children
The program creates opportunities to build girls’ and young women’s skills and confidence, and inspire action to bring change to each of their lives through various programs and activities. It addresses healthy relationships with peers and parents, while public speaking and debates will help to build confidence when doing presentations in their respective schools; discussions on body image, leadership and community engagement, media literacy education, fitness and nutrition, CPR/First Aid, resume writing, arts and craft, financial literacy and many other topics that helps girls to gain self-confidence and self-esteem.
Eligibility criteria: The program targets 2 groups of young girls separately: Girls between 14-19 years old (Beautiful Girls) and girls between 9-13 years old (Beautiful tweens).
Funding source: RBC Foundation; No fees are charged from clients for services provided.Sites of program delivery
- 3225 Eglinton Avenue East, Unit 101/111, Scarborough ON 2225
- Erin Mills Pkwy, Mississauga ON